- Client – Visalia Rotary Community Foundation “Brew Fest”
- Industry – Live Charity Event / Fundraiser
- Date – 2019
The Visalia Rotary Community Foundation was established for the enhancement of Visalia and the surrounding community. It was founded in 1992 by the Visalia Rotary Club and joined in contributions and administration by the Visalia County Center Rotary Club in 1997, the Visalia Breakfast Rotary Club in 2001, Visalia Sunset Rotary Club in 2007, and the Visalia Latino Rotary Club in 2016. Through Grants and Scholarships, the Foundation seeks to provide educational and service opportunities to our community.
Brew Fest is an annual collaborative fundraising event by the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation and the College of the Sequoias Foundation. The net proceeds will be shared between the Visalia Rotary Community Foundation and the College of the Sequoias Foundation. Both charities are using these proceeds to provide college scholarships to local students in need.
The target audience I chose was people between the ages of 21 and 65. Who live in the Central Valley and have an interest in beer, whiskey, and wine. From there the goals were to;
- Build awareness about the event within the local community through Facebook.
- Build awareness about the event with people who like craft beer, wine, and liquor.
- Increase the number of web clicks to the ticket sale site through Facebook.
The biggest obstacle was the timeframe. There was only a month to promote the event on Facebook. So my measurable objectives were;
- Reach a total of 50,000 people on Facebook.
- Engage with over 750 people on Facebook.
- Facebook ads gain 500 web clicks to the ticket sales page.
Below are the strategies and tactics that I used.
- Social Media Marketing: I created organic posts about different sponsors who would be attending the event. As well as event reminder posts that were strategically placed throughout the month leading up to it.
- Social Media Ad Buying: I also created event reminder posts that were strategically placed and boosted as Facebook ads throughout the month leading up to it.
Below were the final results.
- Engagement: 1,095
- Total Reach: 54,464
- Total Impressions: 64,800
- Web Clicks: 687
Overall the client was very happy. In the short amount of time the event had to be promoted, I was able to surpass expectations when it came to its goals and objectives for the event overall. The main objectives were met and then some. Online reach saw an 8.93%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Online engagement saw a 46%+ increase from the original measurable objective. While web clicks to the ticket sales page saw a 37.4%+ increase from the original measurable objective.