- Client – Feel Good Fitness
- Industry – Fitness
- Date – September – November 2022
I was brought on to help create and manage Feel Good Fitness’s 5-year business anniversary with both a fundraiser and its annual event. The idea was to start a fundraiser a month before the event. Feel Good Fitness would raise money for Gamers Outreach. They build GO Karts which are portable video game kiosks built specifically for hospitals. They are used to provide entertainment to patients in hospitals who have a limited amount of access to activities outside of their rooms. The fundraiser would be leading up to their anniversary event called “Brews, Bites, & Biceps”, where it would have a local food and beer vendor with a group workout and giveaway with prizes.
The owner is an online influencer in his own right, with over 1,100 followers on his personal Instagram. The idea was to build a campaign around doing digital marketing and public relations for the gym while having him promote the fundraiser and event on his Instagram account and do this without spending less than $20 on digital advertising. From there the goal was to;
- Create awareness about the fundraiser and anniversary event.
my measurable objectives were to;
- Raise $3,500 for Gamers Outreach within a month.
- Have at least 20 people attend the anniversary event.
Below are the strategies and tactics that I used.
- Social Media Marketing: I created several short-form videos about the fundraiser and event and then throughout the weeks leading up to the event I strategically posted them on both the gym’s and owner’s social media accounts.
- Social Media Ad Buying: I boosted 5 posts at $2 each to run for 24 hours to remind people a week before the event.
- Social Media Influencers: I had the owner strategically post both the short-form videos talking about the event and also had him go live several times leading up to the event.
- Internal Communications: I had the owner text over 200+ people both current and former clients a video of him candidly talking about the fundraiser and event with a link to learn more about both.
- Marketing Materials: I created an event flyer that was posted around the gym for clients to see. I also created day-of-event materials.
- Event Calendars: I posted information about the event on every major local media outlet’s online event calendars.
- Website: I created an event page on the gym’s website which gave people a chance to learn more about Gamers Outreach, RSVP to the event, and donate.
- Media Relations: I wrote 2 press releases and pitched an interview before and after the event, which I sent to every major local media outlet.
- Event Management: I managed the vendors set up, the raffle giveaway, and clean up of the event,
Below were the final results.
- Total Money Raised: $4,400.18
- Total People Attended: 27
Overall, success was seen. The total Money Raised saw a 25.72%+ increase from the original measurable objective. The total People Attending the event saw a 35%+ increase from the original measurable objective. When it comes to media, The local Fresno Business Journal ran a small blurb. Which I can correlate is the reason the fundraiser received an anonymous $1000 donation.