- Client – The Great Western Fan Festival
- Industry – Live Event / Music
- Date – 2016
Having built social media marketing campaigns for the past three years, the 2016 Great Western Fan Festival was no different when it came to digital success. This year the festival saw a few new ideas and saw positive results by achieving the festival’s digital goals.
Their target audience was people in the Central Valley who were 40 and over who liked gospel music. Since it was their first time using social media, the goals were to;
- Boosting ticket sales.
- Building brand awareness.
- Creating more fan engagement.
From there my measurable objectives were;
- Obtain 10,000 clicks to the fan festival sales website.
- Gain 100,000 digital impressions and reach.
- Engage 5,000 people on Fan Festival social media accounts.
Below are the strategies and tactics that I used.
- Social Media Marketing: The idea was to create two months of interactive organic content leading up to the festival. Everything from “artist spotlight bios” to videos of the talent coming to the event.
- Social Media Ad Buying: Since the target audience’s age group usage of Facebook was extremely high, all online adverting was directed towards the Facebook page. Each month 10 posts were strategically promoted for $25 each.
- Online Contest: Created a “like this post” giveaway in which one random person who liked the post would win two tickets to the festival
- Real-Time Marketing: Created social media content in real-time. This was everything from photos to videos of performers on stage and behind-the-scenes content. I set up live-streaming posts where people could watch 3-4 different groups throughout each day. This became a very popular tactic. So much so that I started taking requests of what groups people wanted to watch. Also during the event, I created a live “3 Questions With” and interviewed talent live through the Facebook page.
- Talent Relations: Outreached to the publicists and managers of over a dozen groups that were going to perform at the festival to have them share festival content on their social media outlets was a priority. This resulted in the festival seeing a higher online organic reach versus paid reach.
Below were the final results.
- Engagement: 8,640
- Total Reach: 138,273
- Total Impressions: 273,164
- Web Clicks: 65,304
Overall the client was very happy. The online engagement saw a 72.8%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Both reach and impressions saw a 311.44%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Web clicks saw a 553.04%+ increase from the original measurable objective.