- Client – Precision Prep
- Industry – Meal Prep / B2C
- Date – 2021
In dealing with customer questions and complaints, the biggest was how to order food on the client’s website. Having dealt with this for years, the client decided to have a new ordering system website built. It was my job to get the word out to both current and potential customers about the new streamlined way to order meals.
The timeline was from October to December of 2021. The target audience was people who like the client’s social media accounts and their friends within a 30-mile radius of Visalia, which was researched and tested the year before and found successful results. the goals were to;
- See customers sign up and subscribe to the new ordering system website.
- Build brand awareness around the new ordering system website.
- Lower the number of questions and complaints about ordering meals.
From there my measurable objectives were;
- Have at least 100 subscriptions by the end of the year.
- Reach at least 5,000 people through digital marketing.
- Cut questions and complaints about how to order meals by 50%.
Below are the strategies and tactics that I used.
- Social Media Marketing: Strategically created eye-catching content on Facebook and Instagram. Both in post and story form. Also had the client go live on their Facebook to speak directly to customers about the new ordering system website.
- Social Media Ad Buying: On a weekly basis, 5 posts were strategically spread out and boosted throughout the week. One-half of the ad budget went to other content, while $25 a week, $6.25 a post, went to the target audience showcasing the new ordering system website.
- Sticker Marketing: Put stickers on each meal for the first week of the launch that promoted the new ordering system website.
- Web Pop-Up Banners: Wrote verbiage for multiple web pop-up banners for the client’s website that promoted the new ordering system website.
- Email Marketing: Designed and wrote an email about the new ordering system website that went to the client’s 700+ email subscribers.
- Word-Of-Mouth Marketing: Had the worker at the brick-and-mortar store tell customers, who pick up their meals, in person about the new ordering system website.
Below were the final results.
After three months, the new ordering system website had 200 subscriptions. That is a 100%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Social media and email marketing reached 9,091 online. That is an 81.82%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Questions and complaints about how to order meals dropped by 66.67%- within the first three months of launching the new ordering system. That is a 33.34%+ increase from the original measurable objective.