- Client – Social Media Superstar Awards
- Industry – Live Event / Award Show
- Date – 2020
The Social Media Superstar (SMS) Awards, honors business pioneers and celebrates extraordinary brand achievements in the social media space. There are many major honors celebrating the success stories and high achievers in traditional trade, but as the first awards ceremony of its kind, the SMS Awards is a new ceremony that recognizes people and brands whose creativity using online platforms has created a significant cultural impact.
Since this was the event’s first year, my goals were simple;
- Build awareness about the event with social media & digital marketing professionals within the Southern California area.
- Build awareness about the event with Business Owners, CEOs, CMOs, Entrepreneurs within the Southern California area.
The biggest obstacle was the time frame as there was only a month to promote the event online. So the objectives were to;
- Reach 8,000 within the targeted audience.
- Obtain 15,000 Impressions within the targeted audience.
Below are the strategies and tactics that I used.
- Social Media Ad Buying: I created both Facebook and Instagram ads for the event that was kept with simple text and a call-to-action. Each ad was strategically set to run at certain times each week within the four weeks leading up to the event.
- Google AdWords: I created basic Google ads with two dozen keywords that were related to social media and award ceremonies.
- Event Photography: During the event, I worked on the “step & repeat” taking photos of the celebrities and high-profiled guests who attended the event.
Below were the final results.
- Total Reach: 10,442
- Total Impressions: 25,853
Overall the client was very happy. Online reach saw a 30.53%+ increase from the original measurable objective. Impressions saw a 72.35%+ increase from the original measurable objective.